Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Makin' the move

This was a big weekend at the Nees house...Drew made the move into a "big boy bed!" Rob and I had talked about moving him out of his crib for a month or so. I was having a hard time with it (emotionally mostly but also I was dreading the bedtime battles). I kept going back and forth or whether it was the "right time" or not. Then the decision maker came this week, no naps three days in a row, and each nap attempt ended with him climbing out of the crib and escaping out of his room. I think I started to realize that naps might be winding down for big ol' Drew and it was a good time to make the transition.

So Friday night it was. We took down the crib (sniff, sniff) and put him to bed in a big bed. I braced myself for a long night. Five minutes went by with no sign of Drew, then ten minutes, fifteen...after twenty minutes I went up to check on him and he was konked out curled up with his blanky and lamby. He looked adorable and so grown-up. He slept all night and called out to us in the morning. He napped Saturday and Sunday but hasn't napped since then. In some ways I haven't minded him not napping, he is absolutely exhausted by bedtime which makes it much easier to put him to bed. On the other hand, without his naps I have no time to get anything done. I'm hopeful that this "no nap phase" is just temporary...we'll see.

So, it is with great happiness, and great sadness, that I now announce, we are crib-less! Now onto the next challenge of motherhood...tackeling the toilet!

No comments: