Saturday, February 7, 2009

Welcome Big Ben


My nephew, Bennett Nathan Lyons, was born yesterday, Friday, February 6, 2009. He actually isn't Big Ben, but rather little Ben. The little guy was born at 36 1/2 weeks and weighed in at 5 lbs. 14 oz. but is very healthy!  Mom and baby are doing great and he is about the cutest little guy that I've seen, we all think he looks a little like my Drew as a baby.  

Ben has had us all on the edge of our seats for quite sometime now.  In November, Lindsey found out that she had really high blood pressure due to the pregnancy so she was restricted to bedrest.  There were a few other worries so we all thought that he would be born much earlier than he actually come.  Lindsey has been such a sport through all of this (I would have gone out of my mind) and has already sacrificed so much for her little boy.  What a wonderful mom she is and will continue to be!

I knew that it would be hard to have Lindsey, Nate and most importantly, little Ben so far away but I didn't imagine that it would be THIS hard.  I am dying to meet and hold my newest nephew.  I just have to wait another month to see him, so Ben, please don't grow too much between now and then. 

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

He can't wait to meet you either!