Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Day in the life with Drew


As most of you know, I can't get a thing done around the house during the day with two wild and crazy boys. They are (usually) nothing but trouble. Today was just another one of those days except that Ellie was home sick with the flu (poor Ellie). I was trying to do laundry (since I would be home all day), trying to take care of precious little sick Ellie, and tend to the BOYS!

The first incident happened when I was putting the wet clothes in the dryer, it happened in a matter of minutes. When I left the room, Luke and Drew were playing in the family room, when I came back, I walked into what looked like a snow storm. Drew had pushed the kitchen chair over to the counter, had climbed onto the counter, opened the cupboard and gotten the salt shaker. He had then emptied the entire salt shaker on the counters, floor, of course himself and was playing in it. Then (I'm sure I'm guilty on this one) he was licking it up! I know I love salt but GROSS! What a mess Drew.

The next incident also happened in a matter of minutes (do you see a pattern here?). We were playing in the bonus room and all of the sudden Drew was GONE. I went to look for him and when I found him he had pulled almost every single one of his shirts off the hangers. I tried to clean up (once again) but he threw a fit everytime I hung something up and just pulled it off again. This was a very fun game (for Drew, not me) for about 30 minutes.

Now do you see why I get NOTHING done??? HELP!

It's a good thing that Drew is a pretty cute kid with that smile that just lights up a room.

1 comment:

Max's Momma said...

Karley....I understand, although I only have one boy to deal with. You are an amazing mommy.