Thursday, January 24, 2008

I’ve found a new love


Or should I say rekindled an old love…skiing! Last Sunday I put on skis for the first time in 8 years and boy was it fun. After my first run (no, I didn't wipe out), I remembered why I had once loved it so much. (When I asked myself why I hadn’t been skiing in 8 years since Rob skis several times a year I realized that six out of the last seven years I’ve either been pregnant or nursing, now that’s crazy!)

So anyway, Rob and I took Ellie and Luke up with us, this is Ellie’s third year skiing but Luke’s very first time on skis. We checked them both into their lessons and then off we went…by ourselves! We skied a couple runs and then went to check on them. Ellie was doing great, skiing all by herself down Buttercup. She’s really mastered her turns and stops and is even very confident riding the chairlift! Luke was on the rope tow and did a great job skiing strait downhill, no fear. It was so fun to watch them, they looked so cute on their little skis.

I think one of the best parts of the day (besides the stop at DQ) was that when we got in the car both of the kids asked when we could go up and ski again. Rob and I are so excited that they enjoy skiing as much as we do. It will be such a fun family activity (although expensive) in the future. And, in two years, little Drew will be joining us (this time he was at home with Nana and he had a wonderful time. Can you imagine all the attention that he got???)

Besides the fact that it was 10 degrees, way colder than that though with wind chill, we all had a great time. I can’t wait to hit the slopes again!

1 comment:

Emily Hunt-Nelson said...

YEAH KARLEY!!! Let's all go together soon!!! I can't wait to ski with you! (Maybe be could even go nightskiing and leave the kids with the boys :)