Sunday, April 6, 2008

Litter Patrol

Last Tuesday Ellie got off of the school bus and announced that she wanted to "Clean up the World!" I thought, Great! she's finally "getting it" (I've been talking to her a lot about litter, being Green, etc). So, she and Luke grabbed their gardening gloves, Rob's Home Depot 5 gallon bucket, and set off to pick up litter in our neighborhood. They ran into our neighbors (and great friends) Zoe and Hannah who wanted to join in the fun. I honestly didn't think this would last very long but the four of them went around almost our entire neighborhood picking up garbage (I was amazed at how much their was on our very clean streets) for over an hour and a half. I was very proud of them. Brynne and I joked that we were going to get them bright orange vests made that said "Litter Patrol" on the back. Now the four of them want to go to the Terra Linda park to continue their good work there. Way to go guys! Cleaning up our World, one street at a time....

We also had Ellie's conference last week, she's doing great in first grade. Rob and I are very proud of her. It's amazing to see how much she's grown over the course of the year. Rob joked to her teacher that we didn't know what we were going to do next year when Ellie wasn't so eager to impress her teacher (she idolizes Miss King). There is a slight chance that she might move with the class to second grade...we're keeping our fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You have mini hippies in the making there! When do you find out about Miss King? That is so exciting!