Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I know it's going to be a GREAT day when...

- I'm in the shower and I hear "Mom, Drew just pooped and peed on the carpet." I get out of the shower only to find several little piles of poop all over my bedroom carpet...what a wonderful way to start my morning!
- I walk into the kitchen and see Drew standing in front the refrigerator dropping raw eggs onto the floor.
- I hear "Uh oh" and go into the bathroom to find an entire roll of toilet paper stuck in the toilet.
- The kids are arguing over who gets to sit in the "special spot" at the kitchen table (I mean, come on, does it really matter where you sit, the food still tastes the same doesn't it????)
- We get halfway to preschool and I realize that I forgot to put shoes on Drew.
- As Ellie is running to the bus, she trips and falls, skinning her knees and putting a hole in her tights. I send her on the school bus crying...
- I go into Drew's room, he's up on the changing table with Desitin all over his face and feet.
- I find Drew with Bag Balm (similar to Vaseline) smeared all over his hair. I attempt to wash it out...yeah, right! I then put him in the shower with me to try washing it out with Vinegar and dish washing soap. While I am drying off, he poops in the shower. (I finally get it out...4 days later...with cornstarch.)
- We get to Luke's soccer class and I realize that when Ellie helped him get dressed she forgot his underware.


All of these have actually happened however, luckily for me (and the kids) not all in one morning. I am hoping that one day soon I will be able to look back at this and appreciate the constant chaios that has taken over my house.

2 comments:

Emily Hunt-Nelson said...

Ok, this has me cracking up (sorry!) It's good you are writing about it, because for some reason we tend to "forget" these things. Lately we have arguements over where we sit, and mostly what color cup/plate/bowl we are using... erin says we are buying all black from now one!

Lindsey said...

This is why people stop after two kids. I'm kidding! I love you Drew Drew!!!