Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Favorite Things: December

Here are a few of my favorite things (I feel like I should be singing the Sound of Music song) from the month of December...

Arctic Blast 2008
I don't know if Portland has ever seen as much snow as we did during "Arctic Blast 2008." We had a good 12-18 inches of snow at OUR house. It was crazy. The city basically shut down for almost ten days and we were held hostage in our own house. However, it was a great ten days. We spent so much time together as a family, we went sledding on our very own street, built snowmen in our backyard, walked to the grocery store groceries, drank lots of hot cocoa (kids) and other hot drinks (adults), hung out with our pretty awesome neighbors and laughed a lot. It sure made it seem like Christmas time.

Fires
I love sitting by the fire on a nice cold blustery day and we had plenty of those days in December. I'm so lucky to have a husband who LOVES to play with fire.

Decorating Sugar Cookies
It is a Wolcott annual tradition to all get together and decorate sugar cookies at Christmas time. Each year gets a little crazier because it seems as if the family grows with at least one new baby each year. While these babies don't partake in the decorating, they do grow up to partake in the decorating which is what makes it so much fun. This year my 2 year old nephew Max dumped out a whole bottle of sprinkles on one cookie! It was a pretty yummy cookie. Seriously though, I'm not sure who gets more excited for the tradition, Papa or the kids.




Christmas
Big white snowflakes falling and snow covered ground coupled with my three beautiful kids who were so excited to wake up Christmas morning and see what Santa brought them made for a very magical Christmas. I couldn't have asked for more!

The Ducks Win Bowl Game
The Ducks play the other OSU (Oklahoma State) in the Holiday Bowl and kick their butts!

No comments: