Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wii Had A Problem*

By request only, I am posting a picture of the "Wii accident". Not to worry though, we had a new TV less than 12 hours after "the accident" because we couldn't possibly go one day without a TV in our family room (just for the record, we do have two other TV's in the house, they just aren't HD).



Please enjoy the picture but do not heckle Rob (or I'll never hear the end of it).

By the way, you must now sign a consent form to play our Wii. AND...wrist straps are required, duh!

*For those of you who have not heard the story, here's the short version. I gave the kids and Rob the Wii Christmas morning (they all had been begging for it for over a year and I was sick of hearing it). We had friends over Christmas night for dinner. We were all bowling, we had 2 remotes and 4 players so players were just handing the remote back and forth. Nobody bothered to read the three warnings about wearing the wrist straps. It was Rob's turn and he released the remote just as you would a bowling ball. Wham, smack, the remote flew right through our TV! End of story.

4 comments:

Emily Hunt-Nelson said...

One word, "ouch" I hope he won the bowling game... I will pass on the words of wisdon about the "wrist strap safety warning"

Lindsey said...

That is awesome. I think Rob deserves some credit for being that strong. Wow. BAC is paying off!

Lindsey said...

Clever title by the way. Very clever.

Matt Gold said...

That is so cool, I finally know someone that actually put one of those remotes through the t.v. In case you don't know who I am, I was one of Rob's good friends growing up.