I'm stealing this great idea from my sis, Lindsey. I am hoping to keep up each month. So, here are my favorite things about November...
Beautiful Oregon Fall Days
Crisp, cool Fall days are one of my favorite times of the year and this November we have been especially lucky as far as weather goes. We've had lots of them. We've been able to be outside (essential with two boys), ride bikes, play in the leaves and enjoy the sun with our warm jackets on. I love it.
No More Diapers
Drew basically potty trained himself so we are officially out of diapers (except for nighttime). Not only is it good on the environment and great for the pocketbook, it's so wonderful not to have to change poopy diapers of a 2 1/2 year old! Drew is funny, he is SO opposite of Luke, he doesn't tell anybody that he has to go potty, he just goes into the bathroom (most of the time locks himself in), lifts up the lid (yes, he stands and is barely tall enough), and goes. If you try to go in and help him he says he wants privacy!
Thanksgiving
We had a wonderful, family-filled Thanksgiving. Rob and I started the day with a 90 minute spinning class which gave us the right to eat whatever we wanted for the day. We spent time with Rob's family which was much enjoyed and then were off to eat turkey with my parents, Megan, Jim, Max and Makena. It was a quieter holiday than usual but was so fun to spend quality time with both of our families. And, we did eat lots of good food too.
Christmas is Upon Us
I love Christmas time. What I love more than the actual day itself is everything that leads up to the day. I get into the holiday spirit the day after Thanksgiving so I am entitled to say it's my favorite part of November (don't worry, it'll show up in December too). Ellie, Luke and I listened to Christmas music and drank hot chocolate while we decorated the house for the season. Rob and the kids then completed the decorating with outside lights.
We Won Civil War
Ducks beat the Beavers, need I say more?
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment