Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke!


What a fun birthday you had! It was beautiful outside so you were able to do what you love most...be outside. You were also able to enjoy your brand new big boy bike. How exciting to have a bike "the same size as Ellie's" and you did a great job on it too! You even successfully attempted to go off the curbs (however, not with my approval). We went on several bike rides through out the day and then ended the day with a birthday dinner at, you guessed it, Red Robin!

Luke, I am so proud of the little boy that you have become! You are very sensitive and aware of other people's feelings. You are the most wonderful big brother to Drew and he looks up to you more than you know (and will continue to) and you care so much about what Ellie thinks of you.

It has been so fun to watch you grow socially at school. For the past several weeks now you've been coming home and telling me that you've made new friends. I don't know whether or not you really have, but it makes me so happy to see you have such confidence in yourself. Your buddy Hannah still seems to be your favorite at school and that's more than okay with me (she's a sweet little girl).

Luke, you can be challenging at times but every time I think I've had it with you, I look into your sweet eyes and see that big toothless grin of yours and all of those challenging moments seem to escape from my mind. Happy 4th Birthday Lukey! I love you.

1 comment:

Emily Hunt-Nelson said...

Luke- I hope you had so much fun at your party!!! I am sorry I missed it, I was in MC. Happy Birthday Friend! Love, Hannah