Sunday, March 9, 2008

Welcome Sweet Little Makena


I am a proud new Aunt! Yep, little Makena Karlin (named after her two favorite Aunts) arrived into the world on Friday, March 7th at 8:32am. She weighed 6lbs. 3oz, has light peach fuzz for hair and looks so much like Ellie! It's actually weird to hold her because it brings back memories of when Ellie was that little. She is the absolute cutest little girl ever (besides my Ellie of course). It has been so much fun to have new baby in the family again. And, it's especially fun because I don't have a baby of my own this time. I called Megan earlier this week and told her I was having Makena withdrawls! I have to get my fix!! Anyway, Mom, baby and the rest of the family (Dad and Max) are all doing great. Max seems to be adjusting okay and I can't believe Megan. She's been out and about and has even taken Max to his little tumbling class. Ellie has been in heaven and asks several times a day when we can go see her new GIRL cousin. She is in love with her. It will be so fun to see her grow up...but not too quickly please.

And, as if Makena's birth weren't exciting enough, on Monday, Drew decided that he didn't want to wait for me to cut him an apple. He climbed up on the counter and tried to cut into it himself (while I was helping Luke go potty). I heard him start to cry and walked into the kitchen to find his finger dripping with blood. After a few phone calls to the Doctor, I finally took him in to get 2 stitches in his pointer finger. He was such a brave boy!! Poor little guy!

No comments: