Friday, June 13, 2008

Busy just keeps getting busier

We've had a wild and crazy week, well actually it's just been super busy. Ellie is now officially a big 2nd grader and is preparing to celebrate her 7th birthday in just a few days. Rob and I were talking the other night and we both decided that we didn't do a very good job of planning Ellie's "birth" day (granted it was really her decision since she arrived over 3 weeks early, she was already on her own terms at birth). Not only does her birthday always coinside with Father's Day but now it's the end of school which seems to get crazier and crazier each year.

I always seem to find a way to over commit myself even though most everything I do, I really WANT to do. I volunteered to do the slide show for Ellie's class which turned out to be a much bigger undertaking than I was expecting although I am SO glad that I did it. I really did have a great time with it and seeing the end result made it worth all those long nights. I also put together a memory book to give Ellie's teacher from the class, again, ended up spending way more time on it than I should of but it was fun. So, I've been spending all my free time on these projects and am feeling totally unprepared for Father's Day and Ellie's birthday. I have some catching up to do...

Rob is playing golf twice this weekend (I'm letting it slide since it is Father's Day), I have a Junior League training Saturday morning, then we have dinner at my parent's to celebrate all the wonderful Father's in our family and then we have lunch on Sunday with Rob's family. Monday is Ellie's party, Tuesday is her birthday, Wednesday I can breathe.

No comments: