Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Eleanor


Eleanor,
Today you are seven years old. How can that be? Each year on your birthday I take time to reflect back on the day that you came into this World. It was such a surprise for us, we weren't expecting you quite yet, but you wanted to give Daddy a Father's Day gift that I'll never be able to top...his precious little girl. That day was one of the best days of our lives and every day since then we have enjoyed you more than you will ever know.

You are such an incredible little girl and I am so proud that you are my daughter. You are so kind and caring and are a wonderful friend to everybody. You have so much love and are the best big sister to Luke and Drew. You are so patient with them and you teach them so many things, they look up to you so much. They are very lucky to have you.

I probably will say this every year, but you have grown so much. Not so much physically anymore but in many other ways. You have become a great reader, you are a math wiz and are so interested in doing well in school (thanks to Miss King). You have gained so much confidence in yourself. Miss King tells us that you are always happy and have a smile on your face, not hard to believe.

I enjoy our time together so much and look forward to our outings. I can't go very many places anymore without you asking to tag along. You are a great shopper, you spend hours looking at things. You ask for everything but when it comes to spending your own money, you rarely will buy anything - like mother like daughter :)

You still love anything that has to do with art and you write all the time. You go up to your room and write in your journal or make little books, complete with illustrations. You are so creative. You have sort of grown out of the princess phase and into the High School Musical phase - I have to admit, this makes me a little sad.

You had a great birthday party - an "almost sleepover." You invited eight of your friends over for crafts, a pinata, a scavenger hunt, pizza, cake and ice cream. Then you all got into your pj's and watched High School Musical. It was very fun, you had a great time but it was a real eye-opener for me - it will be a long time before you have a real sleepover.

Ellie, I love you more than you know. You are the sunshine in my life and I am so proud of you. Now, please don't get any older...

No comments: